What Does This Privacy Apply to?
- information collected by third party websites, platforms and/or applications (“Third Party Sites”) which we do not control
- information collected by Third Party Sites which you access via links on Walk For Freedom; or
- banners, sweepstakes and other advertisements or promotions on Third Party Sites that we may sponsor or participate in.
- These Third Party Sites may have their own privacy policies and terms and conditions. We encourage you to read them before using those Third Party Sites.
If you do not agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in this way, please do not use the Walk For Freedom or otherwise provide Walk For Freedom with personal information.
If we discover that we have collected information without consent from a parent or guardian where such consent should have been obtained, we will delete that information as soon as possible.
Access to certain parts of the Walk To Freedom site and domains and/or eligibility to receive prizes, samples or other rewards may be limited to users over a certain age. We may use your personal information to carry out age verification checks and enforce any such age restrictions.
What Information Do We Collect?
- Information you give us directly
We may collect information from you directly when you provide us with personal information, e.g. when you register for prize draws or competitions, sign up to receive information, use applications, buy a product or service from us, fill out a survey, or make a comment or enquiry. The types of information we may collect from you directly include your:
- email address
- user name
- telephone number
- credit card or other payment information
- date of birth
- user-generated content, posts and other content you submit to Walk For Freedom site and domains or related sites.
- any other person information you voluntarily provide to us
- Information we collect automatically when you use the Walk For Freedom sites and domains.
- information about the type of browser you use
- details of the web pages you have viewed
- your IP address
- the hyperlinks you have clicked
- your user name, profile picture, gender, networks and any other information you choose to share when using Third Party Sites (such as when you use the “Like” functionality on Facebook or the +1 functionality on Google+)
- the websites you visited before arriving at a Walk For Freedom sites and domains.
Most internet browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can change the settings to block cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent to your device. If you disable the cookies this may impact your experience on Walk For Freedom sites and domains.
- Information we collect from other sources
We may receive personal information about you from other sources if you have given permission for that information to be shared. This may include information from commercially available sources, such as public databases and data aggregators, and information from third parties. The types of personal information that we may collect from such sources include your:
- street address
- your shopping habits
- preferences and information about your lifestyle such as your hobbies and interests
- publicly available information such as user-generated content, blogs and postings, as permitted by law
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We may use your personal information:
- to improve our products and your experience on the Walk For Freedom sites and domains.
We may use your personal information to:
- evaluate the use of the Walk For Freedom sites and domains, products and services
- analyse the effectiveness of our advertisements, competitions and promotions
- personalise your website experience, as well as to evaluate (anonymously and in the aggregate) statistics on website activity, such as what time you visited it, whether you’ve visited it before and what site referred you to it
- make the Walk For Freedom sites and domains easier to use and to better tailor the Unilever Sites and our products to your interests and needs
- help speed up your future activities and experience on the Walk For Freedom sites and domains. For example, a site can recognise that you have provided your personal information and will not request the same information a second time
- collect information about the device you are using to view the Walk For Freedom sites and domains, such as your IP address or the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using, and link this to your personal information so as to ensure that each Walk For Freedom sites and domains presents the best web experience for you
- to contact you regarding products and services which may be of interest to you, provided you have given us consent to do so or you have previously requested a product or service from us and the communication is relevant or related to that prior request and made within any timeframes established by applicable laws.
We may use your personal information to:
- suggest products or services (including those of relevant third parties) which we think may be of interest to you
- offer you the opportunity to take part in competitions or promotions
You can opt out of receiving communications from us at any time. Any direct marketing communications that we send to you will provide you with the information and means necessary to opt out.
- to provide you with products or services that you request from us.
We may use your personal information:
- for the purposes of competitions or promotions that you have entered
- to send you information, products or samples that you have requested
- to respond to your queries or comments
Where we collect personal information for a specific purpose, we will not keep it for longer than is necessary to fulfil that purpose, unless we have to keep it for legitimate business or legal reasons. In order to protect information from accidental or malicious destruction, when we delete information from our services we may not immediately delete residual copies from our servers or remove information from our backup systems.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. We take your privacy very seriously and will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data, but please be aware that any data which you send to our site is sent at your own risk.
Mobile Message Services
We may make available a service through which you can receive text or other types of messages from Unilever (such as short message service, or SMS, enhanced message service, or EMS, and multimedia message service, or MMS) on your wireless or mobile device (“Mobile Message Service”). If you subscribe to one of our Mobile Message Services, you agree to receive such messages from Unilever at the address or mobile number you provide for that purpose (unless and until you have elected to opt out of receiving such messages by following the instructions in the Your privacy rights and who to contact section below).
You acknowledge and agree that the Mobile Message Service is provided via wireless systems which use radios (and other means) to transmit communications over complex networks. We do not guarantee that your use of the Mobile Message Service will be private or secure, and we are not liable to you for any lack of privacy or security you may experience. You are fully responsible for taking precautions and providing security measures best suited for your situation and intended use of the Mobile Message Service. We may also access the content of your wireless and/or mobile phone account with your carrier for the purpose of identifying and resolving technical problems and/or service-related complaints.
Who Do We Share Your Personal Information With?
As a general rule, we do not share your personal information with anyone outside of the Unilever Group. However, we may share your personal information with trusted third parties.
We may share your personal information with:
- our advertising, marketing and promotional agencies to help us deliver and analyse the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and promotions
- third parties required to deliver a product or service to you, such as a delivery or postal service delivering a product that you have ordered
- law enforcement or government authorities where they have followed due legal process to request us to disclose the information
- third parties who wish to send you information about their products and services, but only if you have given us consent to do so
- third party providers of services, such as data processing, to Walk For Freedom sites and domains
- web analytics tool providers, such as Google and others
We may also share your personal information with companies, organisations or individuals outside of the Walk For Freedom if we believe that disclosure of the information is necessary for legal reasons.
We may share your personal information to:
- conduct investigations into possible breaches of applicable laws
- detect, prevent and protect against fraud and any technical or security vulnerabilities
- comply with applicable laws and regulations, co-operate in any legal investigation and meet enforceable governmental requests
Unilever does not sell personal information, except to an entity to which we divest all or a portion of our business (for example, in connection with our sale of a brand), or otherwise in connection with a merger, consolidation, change in control, reorganization or liquidation of all or a portion of our business.
Transferring Your Personal Information
You should be aware that many countries do not afford the same legal protection to personal information as you might enjoy in your country of origin. While your personal information is in another country, it may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities in that country in accordance with its laws. Subject to such lawful access requests, we promise that anyone processing your personal information outside your country of origin is required to implement measures to protect it and is only entitled to process it in accordance with Walk For Freedom instructions.
Safeguarding Your Personal Information
We take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure and require any third parties that handle or process your personal information for us to do the same. Access to your personal information is restricted to prevent unauthorised access, modification or misuse and is only permitted among our employees and agents on a need-to-know basis.
Your Privacy Rights and Who to Contact
You have the right to tell us if you:
- don’t want to be contacted in the future by us
- would like a copy of the personal information which we hold about you
- would like us to correct, update, or delete your personal information in our records
- wish to report any misuse of your personal information
To assist us in dealing with your request, please provide your full name and details.
Other Privacy Policies